MY INTERMEDIATE COPIC CERTIFICATION

MY INTERMEDIATE COPIC CERTIFICATION

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

HATS FOR DYAN'S QUILTING CLUB LUNCHEON

My friend, Dyan, asked me to design a party favor using my Cricut Machine.  My slightly over a year old, Cricut Expression Machine developed a problem involving the electical power system half way through, I finished using my Mini Cake Machine with a normal blade assembly and it worked out fine.  I needed to make 70 of something, using a hat image.  I didn't have many hats to choose from until I found Kates ABCs!  There were 4 very cute hats to pick from.  I cut out the two layers out of pink and yellow cardstock then enhanced them using my Copic markers.  What a great combination that makes!  I then punched out 70 flowers using the Martha Stewart Water Lily Punch from white cardstock.  I used my Copics again to color the flowers using RV63, RV66 and Y08 for the petals and centers, then G21 and YG63 for the leaves.  It took about 3 days to complete the 70 images, I probably could have finished in two if the Expression did not develop a problem.  See my post below to see how I am getting my machine  replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment